are here: Home >
Resume & Cover Letter >
MBA Resume Format Requirements
The following specifications pertain to the
résumé that you submit for the
- Your résumé must be no longer than one page
- Use Microsoft Word
- Use 11 or 12 point font for everything but your name
- Your left margin should not be less than 1 inch and the
rest of the margins, no less than 0.75 inch
- Use Times New Roman or Arial font
- It must be in the specified Kelley format
- Use black ink and plain, cheap white laser quality paper
- Name: 14 point font, ALL CAPS, centered and in
- Address/Phone Number/E-mail: Centered under your name.
- DO NOT include an objective.
- Use the following three headers: EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE, ADDITIONAL (ALL CAPS, bold, and left
justified with a line beneath each header extending across the page).
- Use the "Bottom Border" function to create the line
beneath each header.
- List each university in bold.
- Under each university, highlight extracurricular activities that
demonstrate leadership and initiative.
- Also include academic achievements (GPA if above 3.7 and GMAT if above
- List each company name in bold.
- List each position title in italics.
- Under each position, highlight your accomplishments, starting each
bullet with an action verb.
- If space is not a limitation, you may want to consider adding a brief
parenthetical clause to describe the company, particularly if the company
does not have strong name recognition.
- Experience should be listed in reverse chronological order with no
gaps in dates
- A good guideline to follow is that each position should have no more
than 5 bullet statements and each bullet should be no longer than 2 lines.
- Avoid the use of acronyms and technical terms
- List all foreign languages you know and indicate whether you are
fluent or conversant.
- Include unique features such as special interests, honors, and
- Remember, this section gives you the opportunity to add some
personality to your résumé.
Copyright 2009-2021 itypemba.com. All right reserved. Africa -
North America -