Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Master of Business Administration, May 2002
· Finance Club; Business Operations Club
· Elected Section Honor Representative; Christmas-in-April Volunteer
· Kiplinger Scholar
University of Virginia School of Law Charlottesville, VA
Juris Doctor, May 1997
· Treasurer, Student Legal Forum; Co-Chair, Barrister’s Ball Committee
· Phi Kappa Sigma Baltzer Scholar
Washington and Lee University Lexington, VA
Bachelor of Arts in European History and French, cum laude, June 1994
· Dean’s List; Honor Roll; Vann Prize for outstanding History research
paper; Omicron Delta Kappa
· Elected to Student Executive Committee; Elected Secretary of the Student
First Union Securities, Inc. Richmond, VA
Summer Associate, Investment Banking
· Conducted due diligence for $300 million real estate portfolio acquisition
and assisted with financial
analysis for a $200 million mortgage placement.
· Prepared financial analysis, drafted confidentiality agreement, and
conducted research on corporate
structure for the $1.8 billion merger of two publicly traded REITs.
· Drafted equity committee and sales point memoranda for secondary equity
offering for a lodging REIT.
· Developed merger and joint venture pitch books for existing and potential
Mays & Valentine, L.L.P. Richmond, VA
Attorney, 1997- 2000
· Executed deals involving the sale, acquisition, and financing of real
estate as an associate in the Business
Department of a full-service law firm with more than 135 attorneys.
· Analyzed land value, conducted due diligence, wrote due diligence
memoranda, and advised client on deal
structure for purchase of real estate development company worth over $30
· Negotiated and drafted loan workout agreements, commercial leases,
easements, agreements for fixed
wireless systems, and agreements for the co-location of telecommunications
· Led multi-disciplinary team to renegotiate $44 million fixed wireless
system contract, which saved utility
client $4 million and avoided litigation.
· Advised utility and telecommunications clients on real estate, land use,
and risk management issues.
· Completed fixed asset acquisition and leaseback worth $1.5 million for
· Managed 20 to 30 active real estate and corporate files at any given time
and delegated additional files.
· Hired and trained new associates as one of three associates selected to
sit on recruiting committee.
BAR/BRI Bar Review Charlottesville, VA
Head Representative, 1995-1997
· Supervised sales force, created marketing strategy, forecasted sales,
conducted competitor analysis, and
coordinated customer service for sale of bar review course to law students.
· Maintained 90% market share despite direct competition from larger
competitor with lower prices and
more recognizable name.
· Member of Virginia State Bar, Selected for Red Cross Leadership
MBA Resume for Banking