EDUCATION Darden Graduate School of Business Administration
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Elected to represent the Latin American Student Association in Corporate
· Member of the International Advisory Board.
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey Mexico City, MX
Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering, December 1997
· GPA: 91/100.
· Graduated with Honors.
· Participated in the International Student Exchange Program - University of
· Integra-Joven Leadership Group, Vice-president.
· Varsity Tennis.
Summer 2001 Citibank Mexico City, MX
· Quantified potential revenues for the Bank by developing Distribution
· Participated in a committee to define a merger action plan between
Citibank and Banamex.
· Assessed credit risk and recommended exposure limits for several corporate
1998 - 2000 McKinsey & Co. Mexico City, MX
· Provided guidance and consulting support to the Mexican Government in the
a competitive foundation for the telecommunications industry.
- Analyzed call traffic, forecasted market demand and generated revenue
to develop countrywide regulatory infrastructure.
- Directed a team to develop and explore cost-effective alternatives to
telecommunications connectivity. Led to implementation of a new service for
· Participated in the reorganization process of an $18 billion commercial
bank, which realized a
30% reduction in labor cost.
- Applied queue model analysis to determine optimal staffing levels.
- Designed and implemented compensation system to increase productivity
maintaining customer service standards.
· Conducted benchmark analysis for an airline carrier to recognize cost
in its flight services. Initiatives represented $4 million in cost savings.
· Identified potential synergies in the maintenance operations of two
recently merged airline
companies. Suggested recommendations resulted in a 4% increase in profits.
1997 - 1998 Sipura Mexico City, MX
Family owned and operated bottled water distributor with annual revenues of
· Recruited sales staff and developed sales strategy that increased
company’s revenue by 50%
in one year.
· Supervised inventory and quality control process. Redesigned ordering
system, which reduced
related costs by 10%.
· Volunteer at Lazos, a non-profit organization that provides educational
support to low-income
· Interests: Golf, Tennis and Painting.
MBA Resume for