DARDEN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Charlottesville, VA
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Vice President of Finance, Business Technology Club
· Vice President of Career Services, Graduate Women in Business (GWIB)
· Darden Judiciary Committee Representative to the University of Virginia
· GMAT: 720
VASSAR COLLEGE Poughkeepsie, NY
Bachelor of Arts in History, May 1997
· Elected to Senior Class Council; Appointed by Dean of Students to be a
LEHMAN BROTHERS San Francisco, CA
Summer 2001 Summer Associate, Private Client Services New York, NY
· Identified and created database of more than 1300 “warm leads” from high
net worth individuals and
· Prepared tax-aware asset allocation models for investment portfolios based
on investors’ income
needs and risk tolerance.
· Researched equities, analyzing valuation models relative to the industry.
implications of economic environment. Prepared client presentations for
· Developed a model to identify lucrative bond inventory.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY Washington, DC
1998-2000 Circulation Planning Manager, Traveler, Adventure, and World
· Developed long-range strategic plans for Traveler and Adventure. Helped
Adventure grow from a
newly-launched magazine in 1999 to a magazine with nearly $4MM in revenue in
· Detected a $900K error in Traveler’s budget and formulated a solution to
minimize the impact on
profit margin while maintaining circulation at budgeted levels.
· Prepared circulation budget for World Magazine, which had nearly one
million subscribers and
$12MM in circulation revenue.
· Acted as liaison between Corporate Finance and Marketing Departments to
implement a cost
measurement system, reducing company-wide direct mail costs by more than
· Analyzed budget variance and recommended areas for improvement to Vice
President of Circulation.
THE NEW REPUBLIC Washington, DC
1997-1998 National weekly magazine devoted to politics and the arts.
Circulation Manager, 1998
· Directed circulation department, which generated 75% of the magazine’s
· Planned all subscriber acquisition campaigns and managed design,
production, pricing, and source
testing processes. Evaluated program effectiveness for use in subsequent
· Managed all customer retention efforts, maintaining a renewal rate 50%
above the industry average.
· Improved online ordering system to enable instantaneous processing of
subscription orders and
customer service requests. Decreased customer service costs by 75%.
· Arranged advertising exchanges with other publications to increase
· Recruited, trained, and supervised Circulation Assistant.
Circulation Assistant, 1997
· Negotiated contracts with subscription agencies that accounted for 20% of
the company’s revenue.
· Evaluated the strategic intent of companies that wanted subscriber
information. Approved or denied
· Volunteer, Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic.
MBA Resume for
Computer Hardware Retailer