Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Darden Capital Management, Fund Manager; Student Admissions Chair;
Interviewer; Finance Club; Graduate Women in Business
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL
Bachelor of Science, Finance, May 1995
· GPA: 3.7/4.0, cum laude
Summer 2001 Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. New York, NY
Sales & Trading Summer Associate
· Completed rotational program through Listed Trading, Domestic Research
Solutions Group and Debt Capital Markets desks.
1995-2000 Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation Nashville, TN
Treasury Analyst (1999-2000)
Senior Financial Analyst (1997-1999)
Financial Analyst (1996-1997)
Customer Service Representative (1995-1996)
Transaction · Issued commercial paper and medium term notes in multiple
Skills Canadian, US and Australian dollars and Euros. Average program size:
· Executed local currency interest rate swaps to manage asset and liability
portfolios in Asia,
Australia, Europe and Latin America. Volume in excess of $1 billion.
· Analyzed and managed international exposure of US divisions through the
execution of foreign
exchange forwards and spot transactions.
· Managed intracompany US dollar funding processes of international
Management · Built and managed working relationships with swap dealers,
commercial paper dealers and
Skills senior relationship managers.
· Developed global intracompany relationships with international subsidiary
· Analyzed, recommended and developed US retail note program in conjunction
with a major
global bank. Size: $500 million.
· Selected to manage European funding activity for Caterpillar International
Finance plc in
· Directed one of nine key corporate-wide strategic initiatives. Led a
cross-functional team of ten
to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of a new lock box bank.
· Trained Financial Analysts in the use of capital market products.
Communication · Presented lock box strategy and implementation to the CEO
and Executive Management Team.
Skills · Delivered presentation on proposed retail note program to Vice
President of Corporate Support
and Treasurer and obtained President’s approval for implementation.
· Presented monthly recommendations to the Treasurer for derivative
activity, based on current
economic data and company policy.
· Volunteer Work: Math tutor, Workout for Hope, United Way, Habitat for
· Interests: Traveling, running, listening to live music
MBA Resume for