MBA Resume for Senior Financial Analyst
Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Active in Finance Club, Student Admissions Host
· GMAT: 730
Rice University Houston, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Political Science, and Psychology, May 1998
· GPA: 3.97
· Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, National Merit Scholarship
· Co-coordinator: Houston’s One-On-One Tutoring Program, Student Admissions
Oxford University Oxford, England
Study Abroad: Economics of European Union, 1995
2001 ZS Associates Princeton, NJ
Summer Associate, Incentive Compensation Team
· Developed a quarterly financial review and prognostication model for a
· Designed a system that synchronizes client sales call cycles with
incentive compensation cycles.
1999 – 2000 FlashFind Corporation Houston, TX
Senior Financial Analyst
· Created financial and strategic sections of FlashFind business plan.
Presented analysis to several
venture capital and industry firms resulting in $.5MM in seed round funding.
· Conducted market research and developed customer acquisition strategy
leading to contracts with
two high profile clients.
· Advised Chairman and Board of Directors on several key equity-financing
decisions in order to
avoid substantial shareholder dilution.
1997 – 1999 Simmons & Company International Houston, TX
Financial Analyst, Investment Banking, M&A Group
· Created comprehensive, dynamic financial models and supporting analyses to
acquisition targets ($50MM to $500MM) for a client in the specialty
· Designed a merger consequences model to evaluate the potential impact of a
takeover of a public oil service company. Subsequently sold the entire
business to a conglomerate
for a 42 percent premium to the original offer price.
· Guided three generations of owner/managers through the sale of 100 percent
of their crude
gathering and transportation business.
· Developed financial models to analyze and value industry participants
using pro forma merger,
discounted cash flow, dilution, comparable company, and comparable
· Prepared detailed presentations that identified strategic opportunities
and potential merger and
acquisition transactions, as well as provided industry analyses.
· Initiated a training program for new analysts. Stressed the basic
fundamentals of financial
analysis and provided background information on the energy services
1996 – 1997 Enron Capital & Trade Resources Houston, TX
Financial Analyst, Risk Analytics & Asset Pricing Group
· Identified financing alternatives based on regional political and market
· Designed internal system providing financial information for deal
MBA Resume for Senior