MBA Resume for Telecommunications
Darden Graduate School of Business Administration Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia
Candidate for Masters of Business Administration, May 2002
· Fulbright Scholar
· Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Darden School’s Newspaper
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina Charleston, SC
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, May 1995
· Graduated first in the Electrical Engineering Class.
· Recipient of the Oliver J. Bond Scholarship and the Class of 1919 Award.
· Elected Vice-President of South Carolina Gamma Chapter of Tau Beta Pi
Summer 2001 Cardinal Health, Inc. Dublin, Ohio
Summer Intern, Office of the Executive Vice President for e-Commerce and CIO
· Devised and implemented a strategic initiative in the collaborative
commerce area which
included developing a matrix for evaluating software packages for a $1.3
billion business unit
that saved 120 hours of consulting fees.
· Investigated and analyzed customer relationship management (CRM) software
negotiated by two different business units and recommended to senior
management a package
that will save over $2.5 million in licensing, implementation, and
· Contributed in a branding initiative with the VP of e-Business that rolled
out new web sites
for the holding company and its different business units. Key
responsibilities were designing
a site map and coordinating the content matrix across ten diverse business
1995-2000 His Majesty the King of Jordan’s Royal Communications Amman,
Project Manager, a Liaison to the Joint Venture of France and Jordan Telecom
(1999 – 2000)
· Managed Jordan Telecom’s integration of a $30 million acquisition of an
Hashim Earth Station, which emerged as the premier Internet gateway in the
· Negotiated contracts and prepared budget analyses with Tier-1 Internet
providers, resulting in
annual savings in the operating costs of more than $1.5 million.
First Lieutenant, Mobile and Satellite Telecommunications Officer (1995 –
· Led a multinational team in the construction of Hashim 2 Earth Station,
construction in record time of 40 days, 15 days earlier than estimated.
· Implemented a process-improvement project that reduced downtime for local
Providers and saved them more than 50% of the link cost by providing them
Internet circuits to UUNET backbone through MCIWorldCom.
· Orchestrated the emergency live broadcast of His Majesty the Late King
Hussein’s address to
the people of Jordan within 36 hours of his diagnosis of cancer at Mayo
Clinic. Usually an
international broadcast setup takes 21 days.
· Advised presidential communications groups in several countries on
infrastructure design and
network implementation strategies.
· Mediated the implementation of 210 voice channels between Jordan Telecom
MCIWorldCom, resulting in $210,000 of additional revenue to Hashim Earth
transit traffic between the Far East and the US and a 30% decrease in the
cost of calls to the
US for local customers.
· Volunteer for Al Rajef humanitarian project with Jordan Red Cross/Crescent
· Active in Scuba diving (PADI Open Water Diving Qualifications), soccer,
MBA Resume for Trade